Job Description & Synthesis
This position, in the Second Line of Defense (2nd LOD), will be responsible for supporting the development and operation of our client's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program as prescribed by the Management Risk Committee. Responsibilities include development and implementation of the ERM Risk Reporting tools, process and standards, project management and maintenance of ongoing reporting of all aspects of ERM program, and implementation of risk management principles at all levels of the company.
- Design, Implement, and Report various Key Risk Measures and assess enterprise risk profiles on multiple scope levels -- Product, Portfolio, Business Unit, Division, Line of Business, Bank and International Holding Company; perform analysis and measure exposures to communicate for the Executives and Senior Management on a regular basis. Reporting should include existing and emerging areas of risk, implications for risk appetite and tolerance, and the ability of the risk management and control infrastructure to support business activities.
- Participate in workshops and lead the steering committee or associated governance/review activities on key business initiatives ensuring that existing and emerging risks for new products, processes and transformational initiatives are identified. This also includes the annual business strategy review process and assessments.
- Partners and collaborates with bank's line of business groups in delivering risk management and future-state control advisory services by identifying risks within the corporation, recommending efficient and effective processes for managing these risks, formulating and executing annual risk plans, efficiently deploying human resources, and reviewing work to ensure quality of deliverables and timeliness of service.
- Partners and collaborates with internal teams to deliver risk analysis and future-state control advisory services by integrating operational, credit, market, and business risk review/consulting processes with credit, market, and technology processes and by providing input into the development and implementation of automated solutions to enhance productivity.
- Minimum 5 years of auditing, risk, or finance consulting experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in areas such as wholesale credit loss (Commercial Real Estate and Commercial and Industrial Loans) and retail credit loss (Residential Mortgages/HELOCs, Credit Cards, Installment/Personal Loans), operational risk, stress test PPNR (pre provision net revenue)
- Bachelor's degree (masters preferred) in risk, finance, mathematics, engineering or statistics or related discipline with 5-7 years of consulting or banking experience
- Knowledgeable about enterprise risk management and associated regulatory requirements.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and facilitate change through collaborative effort. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation, discipline, task focus, the ability to structure and present work and a proven record of delivering high quality results within strict deadlines.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, statistics or related field (Masters preferred). Industry certifications a plus (e.g., CFA, FRM).
- Experience in data management and analysis in Excel and/or SQL.