South Plainfield, NJ - Pridestaff Edison
Our client is looking for a Project Assistant/Clerical Assistant for a temp to hire position in South Plainfield.
Candidate MUST have strong MS Excel Skills - including formulas and macros!
The primary duty of this position is to be the liaison between the branches, the fabrication shop and corporate office. The secondary duty of this position is assisting the president of the company with ongoing and developing projects. Very strong Excel skills are required for this position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Receiving by email requests for orders, and lead times from branch locations.
· Processing the paperwork and calling branches with lead times for orders.
· Providing accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items.
· Obtaining accurate information from fabrication department relating to date of completion for fabricated items.
· Calling branch locations with any changes, problems, and/or questions related to orders and pickups.
· Processing returns
· Proofreading invoices for errors; calling branches to double-check invoices
· Filling requests for catalogs, information or samples
· Setting up and maintaining customer files, following active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes.
· Filing customer invoices in proper order and create new file folder when needed
· Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts
· Follow company policies and procedures
· Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
· Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the distribution team
· Perform other duties as assigned.