We seek a Senior Accountant with great communication skills for our client, a well-established investment management firm. The position temporary and could go permanent for the right person.
The Senior Accountant manages daily full-cycle accounts payable, assists with year-end audits and tax preparation and supports accounts receivable when needed. They also implement improved departmental procedures.
The ideal candidate brings a history of at least 5 years as a full charge accountant, a BA+ degree in Accounting. They are personally dedicated to continuous growth, bring a high energy, dynamic personality and advanced skills in Excel.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Full cycle accounts payable
- Year end audits
- Tax preparation
- Quarterly reviews
- Assist with insurance process, certificates of insurance and renewals
- Month end and year end closing
- Update journal entries
- Oversee 1099 process and filings
- Support accounts receivable process and collections
- Maintain internal controls
- Implement procedures that improve internal controls
- Mentor team
- Train new employees and introduce new procedures
- Prepares financial statements
- Prepare information for federal and state taxes
- Produce error-free reports
- Ad hoc projects and assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.