The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related fields. Experience with buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment or aircraft is highly preferred.
Responsibilities of the Electric Technician
- Work with advanced electric vehicle and hydrogen fuel cell technology; troubleshooting electronic, electrical (some mechanical) and high voltage issues, and resolving them.
- Install electrical systems and components in transit vehicles
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment and work with PLCs.
- Repair or replace parts, light fixtures, wiring, finder relays, motors, and other types of electrical equipment Identify and troubleshoot electrical problems with a variety of testing devices: ammeters, voltmeters, multimeters, cable testers, etc.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
Requirements of the Electric Vehicle Service Technician
- 2+ years of experience in either electrical, HVAC or other related field
- Experience with any of the following: buses, trains, automobiles, military vehicles, heavy equipment or aircraft
- Experience with electrical wiring, circuit testing, and PLCs - troubleshooting and general repair
- High voltage experience and hydrogen training or certification preferred
- General knowledge of transit bus/hybrid and/or electric drive systems ideal but not necessary
- Must be able to interpret and make decisions on what problems need to be fixed
- Must be able to read drawings and schematics and track work, etc.
- Great technical skills
- Solid customer service skills