Temp Senior Program Manager
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Senior Program Manager will work closely with the Program Leadership team, business managers and subject matter experts (SMEs) from the various business functions to manage and lead integrated software and system development projects in order to ensure all applications are successfully tested, fit-for-purpose and meet the business requirements. The role will provide an opportunity to be part of a global implementation and utilize strong project management skills, task prioritization, and stakeholder management within a global transformation program. This position typically works under limited supervision but requires high level of coordination with multiple stakeholders in different time zones.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses formal project methodology to meet quality, schedule, milestone, and scope and budget commitments.
- Responsible for the management and completion of single or multiple high technology programs that require the development, test, and integration of Tier One ERP software such as Oracle or SAP.
- Efficiently manage and lead the project team to deliver all project activities on time and to budget.
- Leads project execution to meet solution and business requirements.
- Plans and directs integration of cross-functional teams that represents various organizations within the company.
- Leads preparation of statements of work and specifications, estimation of product/service costs, negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Manages, oversees, monitors and approves all elements of assigned program activities from inception to completion and acceptance of software solution.
- Performs weekly schedule reviews to maintain progress and identify gaps and delays.
- Thrive to maintain strong project delivery performance to maximize value delivery to the business internally.
- Lead and participate in business process review and re-engineering workshops.
- Works directly with Architects, System Analysts and development team to manage the technical aspects of the project.
- Identifies program issues with sufficient lead to drive timely resolution.
- Controls project risk through active identification of risk, risk quantification, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Conducts regular program evaluation and review meetings to identify current and future problems and initiate actions for their resolution.
- Accountable for project metrics and the actions of the project team.
- Continually assesses project resource requirements and reassigns based on revised project schedules.
- Acts as point of contact for escalation of project issues and resolves project conflict.
- Effectively prepare status reports to the Program Leadership team on the project delivery status.
- Tracks progress of deliverables to completion and ensure project resources are managed to task plans.
- Accountable for continuous monitoring of project health and adjusting resource allocations and task plans to ensure the success of the project and its team members.
- Builds a positive, collaborative working environment that instills respect, trust, quality and success as its core goals.
- Raises risks and issues to leadership on a timely basis and work with appropriate parties to create mitigation plans.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- University Degree education, or equivalent in project, technology or information systems management.
- Project management experience in Tier One ERP solutions – Oracle and/or SAP Implementation.
- Project Management Qualification: PMP or PRINCE2 Certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- 10 years of experience working in Program Management in a large organization.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams.
- Experience working in a large global transformation initiative.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated competency in information systems concepts, business process methods, tools and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of organisational change management skills and impact analysis.
- Strong consulting and project management skills including the ability to develop highly organised project schedules.
- Exceptional organisational skills with a high degree of drive, initiative, outcome orientation and capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting tasks concurrently.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, coupled with adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet business needs.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for liaising with Executive and Senior Management stakeholders and business managers.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Must be a proactive leader who is decisive and action-oriented.
- Able to manage multiple projects with proven experience in successfully managing and implementing multiple initiatives on behalf of business partners.
- Able to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people at all levels across the company as well as external partners.
- Able to understand and communicate complex technical systems and concepts.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply Company’s Quality Management System.
- Comply with Company’s Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations.
- Comply with Company Human Resources Procedures.
- Other duties as requested.