Houston, Texas - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
This is a position requiring someone who can work independently with minimal direction; someone with a solid work ethic and great attitude, and of course strong mechanical and electrical skills. Ideal experience is to have worked in any of the following disciplines: buses, trains, trucks, autos, aircraft, industrial equipment such as farm, forklift, earth movers, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The technician will be troubleshooting and will have to know how to read schematics, blueprints, drawings, etc.
- Retrofit work will be done at times.
- investigations into issues.
- It will be a variety of duties, fast paced & may not know where they will be going from week to week.
- Also, the technician will at times do acceptances of new vehicles when they arrive to the customer.
- Repair customer write ups on the buses, if there is issues, figure out how to fix &/or provide detailed reporting of the problem so engineering can address.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- The travel technician will need to be computer savvy, have their own laptop and able to travel at short notice, work nights, and weekends at times.
- Have a professional appearance, be able to communicate with the customer both in person, on the phone and via email.
- Needs to be able to handle being under pressure/ dealing with disgruntled customers.
- Need to have strong knowledge of electrical components and systems as well as mechanical systems and associated machinery.
- Transit bus industry experience is highly preferred.
- Must have their own tools.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81556