Estimator (Nuclear / Construction)
Detroit, Michigan - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Assists the project management teams by developing, monitoring and updating estimates and/or an integrated project plan and schedule so that the project may be executed in the most efficient manner possible. Applies methods and techniques, standards, processes, procedures, guidelines and templates, to efficiently manage, develop, and control project estimates/schedules.
- Supports project team and estimating/scheduling personnel efforts toward the development of the project plan and translating the project plan into the project estimate/schedule.
- Develops and provides analysis of project estimates or schedules, including, as applicable, CPM software implementation, time impact and delay analysis, and review of periodic schedule updates.
- Ensures the credibility of the information contained in the estimate/schedule.
- Assists with the preparation of project time and/or cost claims.
- Develops and records project historical estimate/schedule information and lessons learned.
- Applies methodologies, techniques and tools, software, standards and guidelines for estimating and/or planning/scheduling; knowledgeable in application of estimating/scheduling software and application of the software.
- Ensures that required project estimating and/or planning/scheduling controls are appropriately implemented and maintained.
- Participates in continuous improvement of the estimating/scheduling organization through bench-marking and maintaining affiliations with industry estimating/scheduling organizations and local/national chapters.
- Develops master and detail schedules inclusive of major milestones, detailed WBS, assignment of costs, labor and equipment to activities, resource leveling, etc.
- Monitors and updates schedule progress toward achieving the desired project completion date and informing management team of changes to
- schedule outcome.
- Prepares and provides schedule progress reports, trending charts, and schedule analysis and re-ports forecasts for all significant project activities.
- Analyzes the effects to the critical path activities; identifies changes to the project that affect the schedule, and develops the recovery schedules and alternate courses of action.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field and the knowledge / capabilities typically acquired through 3-plus years of job-relevant experience.
- Experience in Nuclear / Construction) Estimating.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Scheduler - 2+ years’ experience working with Primavera, preferably P6.
- Estimator - 2+ years’ experience in construction estimating on large projects.
May require the physical ability to work in a power plant environment (e.g. climb stairs, work in hot, confined environments.
- Communicates effectively (verbally & in writing) with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the corporation.
- Written and verbal communication & advocacy skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects & research, and engage in persuasive written & verbal interaction with all levels of the business unit.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Ability to develop/coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
- Working knowledge of financial & economic analysis, project & risk management.
- Knowledge in design scheduling, construction scheduling, program scheduling, and cost & resource loading.
- This includes developing detailed WBS, milestones, activities definition, logical sequences, durations, activity dependencies and interdependencies, and activity contingencies.
- Understanding of schedule models and methods, schedule quality analysis, schedule strategy, schedule integration techniques, Monte Carlo Analysis, schedule performance analysis techniques, etc.
- Knowledge in design, construction, program estimating.
- This includes developing various levels of cost estimate classifications (ROM, conceptual, parametric, definitive, etc.), financial and economic estimating and analysis, establishment of contingencies based on type of estimate and risk models.
- Understanding of estimating models, techniques and methods, estimating quality and accuracy analysis, estimating strategy and estimating optimization (creating estimating models, simulations and sensitivity analysis), life cycle costing, budgeting, cash flow and forecasting, developing estimate basis, understanding of market conditions and how they affect estimates.
- Knowledge in cost elements, cost dimensions, cost classifications, cost types (material, equipment, labor, overhead and profit), subcontract and purchased costs, pricing strategies, development of code of accounts, quantification, estimating factors, ratios and indices, product and project costs.
- Ability to apply project planning & implementation and/or continuous improvement principles (typically acquired through several years of experience in these areas) to affect tangible, positive out-comes.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Ability to work in a ‘team’ and/or ‘matrixed’ structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
- Assignments are received in the form of results expected; within operating policies and procedures. Incumbent has the discretion to select from alternative approaches; decisions may involve changes to ‘normal’ work processes.
- The candidate MUST have experience estimating in a nuclear environment.
- Typical contract length is 3 Months +.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81561