Sunnyvale, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is seeking an AR Accountant to join their Accounting & Finance team within the Controller’s Office.
Reporting to Accounting & Finance Manager, this will be a fast paced and dynamic role working diligently with field finance teams as well as other stakeholders to provide accurate and timely financial reporting. The role will focus primarily on the accuracy and completeness of journal entries, complex Balance Sheet and other reconciliations, and participating in the effective management of Contracts, Billing & AR PeopleSoft modules including research and analysis of accounting flows to the General Ledger. .
- Perform accounting functions, including monitoring accounts, preparing documentation, expenditure reconciliations and reviews, revenue reporting/accounting, purchases and reimbursements, general ledger transactions, and journal entries.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Identify and resolve incorrect journal entry problems, data anomalies, deviations from established procedures, and unusual issues.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions.
- Reconcile reports and financial data with financial statements. Run and review basic financial systems reports; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve financial issues; probe beyond stated situation; identify underlying issues; recognize exceptions; perform preliminary analysis.
- Recommend, assist, test, or implement process streamlining, system improvements or work flow changes; participate as a project team member.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments to resolve accounting-related issues.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree plus two years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in basic business applications, such as Microsoft Office; user knowledge of Excel.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Ability to draft professional e-mails, memos, business letters, and reports, and to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.