Hawthorne, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Trimming and finishing of composite and composite metallic assemblies.
- Assembly of structures including setup, bonding and fastener applications.
- Experience with various types of hand tools or hand-held power tools.
- Experience in a machine shop environment, including Mills, Lathes, Bandsaw, drill press.
- Experience in composites surface preparation and bonding of composite and metallic components.
- Use of solvents to prepare surfaces for sealing or assembly.
- Laminate fabrication skills, including prepreg and wet layup.
- Laminate assemblies by determining proper placement of composite materials into molds.
- Prepare parts for bagging, including placement of bleeders, thermocouples, probes and vacuum connections.
- Check seals on completed bagged parts for leaks.
- Vacuum bag processing, bonding, and oven curing.
- Make basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions using calipers, micrometers, precision scales and torque wrenches.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, an understanding for drawing symbols, flag notes and general notes.
- Must be able to work per engineering drawings as well as both written and verbal instructions and work with engineers to develop composite hardware fabrication and assembly processes/tooling.
- Layout and measure patterns on epoxy and polyurethane foams, aluminum and wood.
- Apply sealers, releases, base coats and finish coats using various spray equipment.
- Perform basic product inspection and rework as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years with layup, bonding or assembly of composites.
- Experience with composite tooling materials (Prepreg, wet layup).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with machine shop tools and equipment.
- Reaming and honing and/or countersinking of uniform close tolerance holes in proper sequence while using the correct tool for the job (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner).
- Ability to operate a laser projector to layout laminated assemblies.
- Apply sealants, alodine, primer, adhesives, and special finishes
- Must be willing to work significant overtime.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.