Poway, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Under minimal direction and utilizing a thorough understanding of purchasing and materials management principles, establishes sources of supply for procuring materials, equipment and services.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for complete purchase order cycle management for assigned commodities, including quotes, P.O. creation, transmittals, confirmation and expediting.
- Establish new and alternate sources of supply to meet existing requirements; obtain quotations from supplier sources for the purchase of materials, components, equipment or services; award purchase orders to suppliers on the basis of price, performance, service, terms, etc.
- Evaluate the technical, management and financial capabilities of suppliers as required to minimize Company risk.
- Negotiate purchasing contracts and maintain auditable records consistent with Company policy and procedures.
- Recommend products to be considered for volume agreements.
- Contact suppliers and manufacturers to obtain information on new products and methods to reduce operating and material costs as well as cycle time.
- May negotiate settlement with suppliers on rejected or damaged materials.
- Perform follow-up and expediting functions ensuring schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain complete status information, data and necessary paperwork and generates related reports.
- Manage EO’s as they pertain to purchase part status.
- Provide interface between suppliers and other departments.
- Review supplier metrics and works with supplier base to maintain the required delivery and quality levels.
- Assists in other job duties as required.
May provide work leadership or direction to lower level employees.