Civil Engineer - Transportation
Newport Beach, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Opening for a Mid-level Civil Engineer with strong technical abilities, experienced in transportation project design, and able to lead a team of engineers on small and large projects.
Assignments may include one or more of the following:
- Project design and development for grading and utility systems from master planning through construction.
- Test of materials.
- Preparation of specifications.
- Research investigations.
- Report preparation.
- Other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
- You will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- You will undertake assignments which have clear and specified objectives that will require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Using prescribed methods you will perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer or Project Manager.
- You will perform assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities.
- You may plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of technical work in portions of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- You will provide assistance to the Project Managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping clients informed on progress.
- You will supervise or coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Keep abreast of new developments/knowledge and methods affecting your area of expertise by participating in continuing education courses and attending training workshops.
- You will prepare project specifications and cost estimates and also use your knowledge of computer software including those programs used for graphic plan preparation, engineering calculations, spreadsheet preparation, and word processing.
Skills / Job Knowledge:
- Transportation/roadway/public works experience.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D expert level.
- Civil/survey experience.
- Caltrans experience.
- Diversified experience within various stages/design elements of a project is a plus.
- Very strong communication skills.
- B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent.
- Applicant must be a registered Civil Engineer in the State of California.
- Background should include experience in roadways, highways, utility systems, grading and drainage.
- 4-7 years of civil engineering experience in transportation and public works projects.