Web Framework Developer
Pasadena, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Web Framework Developer will be part of the Software and Controls (SWC) team and will be responsible to design, implement and test a web framework to support the development of web applications and tools for the user interface. This position will work closely with the software architects and other software developers in order to provide a high-quality and a high-value software to control system end users.
In order to be able to recommend and implement innovative solutions the Web Framework Developer is expected to keep up-to date with current trends and tools in user interface and web development tools. This position will report to the Software and Controls Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a web framework that allows to build web based applications.
- Develop model based tools using components definition.
- Designing and implement user interfaces for control systems and observatory software.
- Translate designs and style guides into functional user interfaces.
- Follow coding standards, builds unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Review and create requirements documentation.
- Work collaboratively with the architecture and development teams.
- Perform training and support to end users.
- Install and setup required software.
- Provide reports on progress and problems.
- Write technical reports, manuals and support documentation.
- Prepare and deliver presentations at project reviews and conferences.
- Support developers and community on support forums, mailing lists, wikis, etc.
- MS degree in software engineering or a related discipline.
- Proven experience using and/or developing web frameworks to create applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of component-based software engineering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web development methodologies and browser specific compatibility issues.
- Demonstrable knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures.
- Understanding of user interface design patterns.
- Experience with web services, REST API's and websockets.
- Good knowledge of Unix and Linux.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with cross-functional work teams and users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel to foreign and domestic vendor, partner, and observatory locations as the need arises.
- Webcomponents, Polymer.
- JSON, XML.
- Experience with Model Based Software Engineering based on DSLs.
- Experience with SysML / UML.
- Experience in agile projects.
- Open source community experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in telescopes or related sciences is a plus.