Supply Chain Engineering Manager
Chatsworth, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Supply Chain Engineering Manager (EM) position is responsible for planning, coordinating and leading all manufacturing engineering activities for new and overhauled products. The EM is also responsible for co-ordination of group activities with pre-license technical evaluation, cost estimating of new fabricated products, and configuration control. As a member of management team, EM participates in developing company business plan and strategic decisions, in particular related to manufacturing, quality, Material Review Board (MRB), supplier chain evaluation, and customer/licensor technical relations. EM supports process based leadership in the following key strategic initiatives: a) efficient and effective adoption process; b) streamlined and robust supply chain; c) customer/licensor satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Be mentor, facilitator and educator to manufacturing & supply chain engineering personnel to foster cross-training, creativity, teamwork and smooth process flow. Assist personnel with their developmental plans and provide support as needed to accomplish goals.
- ?Select and assist in recruiting technically qualified engineering personnel, as needed to support workload.
- Provide and organize training for the newly hired personnel.
- Develop budgets and forecasts to ensure proper support of the organization in meeting its goals and objectives as well as anticipated growth.
- Support activities of the Technical Team in new product capability evaluation, per AD-108 procedure.
- Support adoption process per AD-106 procedure, coordinate and assign engineering participation.
- Support cost estimating for fabricated products, per AD-110 procedure.
- Assist other departments in resolving technical problems, drawing and specification interpretation.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating suppliers for new or critical processes, and address obsolesce issues.
- Assist Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Sales in providing technical support to customers.
- Support the Parts Manufacture Approval (PMA) approval process with the FAA.
- Manage multiple activities and workload consistently with schedule and target dates.
Timely and smooth implementation into production of new licensed products.
Achieve the following departmental metrics:
- Preparation and release of factory new and R&O masters within allocated time frame.
- Timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Provide process based leadership to engineering personnel.
- Actively participate in analysis of and solution to technical problems, working with internal and external customers, licensors, and regulatory agencies.
- Secure sufficient and qualified personnel for the department.
- Provide necessary training and leadership to meet objectives and workload.
- College degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or similar Engineering.
- MS and/or MBA desirable.
- Minimum 10 years experience, with minimum 3 years of supervisory position, in aerospace design and/or manufacturing engineering, planning and fabrication, working with Aircraft Electronics and electro-mechanical assemblies and accessories.
- Knowledge of materials, outside processes, NDT and specifications as related to precision aerospace components and systems.
- Effective communication and ability to write clear, concise technical reports.
- Project and configuration management experience.