Electrical Design Engineer
Valencia, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to handle Electro-Mechanical design of mechanical moving parts/mechanisms for Theme Parks, special effects in Museums, Science Centers, high tech displays, attractions, and interactive exhibits. You will be responsible for electrical design engineering for facility design, equipment development, bills of materials, maintenance manuals, project related documentation and as-built documentation at project completion. Assist with manufacturing, engineering, and installation coordination equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design custom electrical equipment and systems.
- Generate conceptual, fabrication and installation level drawings using AutoCAD electrical.
- Create Bill of Material and coordinate with purchasing department for procurement of materials for assigned projects.
- Generate and update Project Design Documents for assigned projects using various software packages including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment.
Experience and Education:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Experience putting together drawing packages.
- Wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical devices.
- Experience with specifying or designing automated equipment.
- Theming with Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) design or manufacturing is a plus.
- Facilities Design.
- Building Codes.
- NEC, UL.
- Large equipment/ large heavy machinery.
- Material handling equipment/ conveyor systems.
- Mechanisms, Motors, Constant Movement, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Animatronics, Mechatronics, Robotics, and/ or Kinematics.