Germantown, Maryland - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is looking for a dynamic and resourceful Network Access Analyst who is not afraid to continually stretch and grow, to join our growing IT Network Team.
They are looking for someone with extensive and broad experience with switching, routing, firewalls, Unified Communications, and network management systems across a range of architectures, platforms, and mediums. You will be a critical member of the IT Network team where you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to enhancing existing network services, including, but not limited to: making recommendations, defining the ROI, and implementing these improvements using an accepted change control methodology. As a self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills you will enjoy the quick pace while keeping in sync with colleagues across multiple geographic areas. Your analytical and critical thinking skills, along with your training and extensive experience, will provide you the ability to define and follow standards and best practices for network design, testing, and implementation methodology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In this role and as a member of the Information Technology Network team, you will work with various functional areas on gathering requirements, evaluating, designing, implementing, and supporting a Cisco-based access network and the underlying infrastructure technologies (LAN, MAN, WAN, wireless, VPN, Unified Communications, and Telecom) that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively. Here’s a short list:
- Define and follow standards and best practices for network design, testing, and implementation methodology while documenting the environment.
- Plan and implement new network technologies into the current environment.
- Test and evaluate future looking technologies by performing beta testing and pilots.
- Configure, deploy, fine-tune, monitor, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, support and repair the enterprise network as required.
- 2+ years of direct engineering and operations experience in the networking industry.
- Working knowledge, including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Solid understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with an emphasis on TCP/IP.
- Maintain and troubleshoot network based ACL’s on routers and firewalls.
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot physical layer cabling.
- U.S Government position, U.S Citizenship is required.