Staff Software Engineer I
Woburn, Massachusetts - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
We are looking for a C++ developer responsible for developing applications for our advanced X-ray imaging systems. Working under general supervision in a small team environment, your primary responsibility will be to design and develop multi-level applications for real-time image signal processing, machine controls, and graphical user interfaces. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop real-time software for x-ray imaging system.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code.
- Implement performance and quality modules.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, revision control and organization.
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Involvement in the full software lifecycle: requirements, design, develop, test, release, maintain.
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes.
- Good understanding of memory management, networking protocol such as TCP/IP, Profibus and Modbus.
- Knowledge of low-level multi-threading primitives and real-time environments.
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Occasional traveling to customer sites as required.
- Proficient with Data and image processing in a real-time system.
- GUI experience, openGL.
- Scripting languages such Python, Java, Shell scripting, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers, and algorithms.
- Proficient understanding of code revision tools.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum education level: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience.