Mechanical Design Engineer
Ayer, Massachusetts - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Supports the manufacture of electro-mechanical consoles and enclosures and update detail drawings and assembly drawings to support ease of fabrication. You must be familiar with ASME drafting and drawing practices, AWS D2.1 welding standards and good with maintaining documents and files using PLM software.
- Support OMs (Outside Manufacturers) with the manufacture of aluminum sheet metal consoles and enclosures.
- Apply knowledge of welding practices and standards to resolve problems involving the fabrication of aluminum sheet metal enclosures.
- Support inspection of welded sheet metal enclosures to ensure compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions and standards.
- Perform tolerance analyses of welded structures and revise tolerances accordingly.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and software (Autodesk Inventor) to revise manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal, machining and weld operations.
- Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes and other physical sciences to revise drawings for ease of fabrication.
- Create and process engineering change notices.
- Communicate with QA (Quality Assurance), Engineering, Vendors, Buyers and Manufacturing departments regarding manufacturing changes and revised drawings.
- Travel and working off-site at OM will be required.
- 5-10+ years of experience working with the design and manufacture of welded sheet metal consoles and enclosures.
- Knowledge of military standards and specifications is a plus.
- Associates Degree or College Degree preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.