Business Intelligence Analyst #7022023
San Mateo, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
IT Business Planning Coordinator
IT Business Planning Coordinator will assist with maintaining the day to day financial health of Information Technology department. Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day budget, updating forecasts, reconciling actuals and adjusting budgets, as well as maintaining the associated reporting tools.
- Collect, process, and analyze financial spend within the IT department, while allocating costs to appropriate business units as necessary.
- Use a combination of Excel, Oracle and SAP reporting software to track costs, contracts, vendors and invoices.
- Track monthly actual spend, measure for variance against budget and adjust forecast accordingly.
- Create reports and presentations as needed to track and analyze various aspects of the department’s spend.
- Work with the IT Business Office and technology vendors to review the purchases of goods and services.
- Work closely with various Finance departments to ensure new goods and services procured are properly accounted for, and are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Program Management Office & Project Managers to track project spend.
- Assisting in minimizing, managing, and avoiding risks for project financials, software, hardware, and support services.
- Identify areas for improvement to internal processes within the department and cross-organizationally along with possible solutions.
- Strong analytical, planning, and communications skills. Will interact with multiple groups to ensure forecasted budget is aligned with actual spend and overall goals.
- Experience with creating and maintaining multiple, detailed Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and effectively at a department level
- Ability to collaborate with 3rd party/vendors.
- Working knowledge of how financials are tracked at the enterprise level.
- Working knowledge of SDLC (software development lifecycle), ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and Agile process preferred.
- Previous skills as project coordinator/manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification
- Above-average ability with Excel
- Understanding of financial concepts
- 2+ years working in Information Technology or technology related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with Oracle and SAP ERP
- Strong attention to detail and time management