Project Manager - Land Development
Newport Beach, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is looking for a Project Manager, or senior-level engineer with equivalent experience, specializing in land development-specific projects. The ideal candidate would have experience with managing projects, client communication, staff and business development as well as be able to plan, design and coordinate projects from beginning through completion.
As a Project Manager, you will represent the company in all regular communications with the client from initial effort, through the entire course of agreement activity, and in post-agreement marketing activities. Regular communication with assigned principal(s) or Office Manager(s) is required and essential in relation to project statuses and performances. You will be responsible for managing the project as a whole as well as all of the details involved. Emphasis of civil engineering experience and knowledge is expected to be in site development, grading, utilities, and drainage design.
- B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET Accredited Curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Applicant must be a registered Civil Engineer in the State of California (P.E Required).
- Background should include experience in site development, design of residential and/or commercial subdivisions, roadways and utilities systems.
- Demonstrates capability to oversee and manage staff of engineers.
As a Project Manager you will;
- Maintain ongoing client relationships, pursue new professional connections, and seek new project opportunities with new and current clients.
- Be required to prepare technical sections of project proposals, and participate in interview presentations.
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling project team activities, including but not limited to; reviewing and/or supervising technical aspects of work as well as defining the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Have primary responsibility for quality control and be the primary client contact for each project.
- Be responsible for setting goals, evaluating staff performance, and serving as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members.
- Be required to coordinate staff resources with other PM’s and Principals throughout the company.
- Participate in contract negotiations, approve client billing, and secure contract amendments for changes to scope and fees.
- Be expected to meet or exceed group and individual performance goals.
- Communicate project requirements to all team members.
- Commit resources of the firm issuing start and stop orders relating to the project progress and clients directives within contract requirements.
- Provide input to group Principal regarding hiring, lay-offs and promotion of immediate staff.