Mechanical Principal CAD Operator
Detroit, Michigan - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Provide quality production CAD drafting support for semi-complex to complex projects, utilizing Bentley Microstation V8i Select Series 3, as our primary CAD software, along with Bentley Descartes software for raster editing.
- Review proposed project scope with Designer.
- Provide labor estimates of drafting services for assigned projects.
- Provide on-site field measurements/investigation, unsupervised, as necessary.
- Provide production drafting services to create new, or edit existing CAD drawings, adhering to CAD drafting standards, drafting techniques & file management practices.
- Create or update project bill of materials, as necessary.
- Provide self-check of updated Final As-Built Records prior to QA checks (performed by others).
- Attend project meetings to report on status of CAD drafting involvement.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years CAD experience (Microstation software experience is preferred, AutoCAD experience is also welcome and we will expect some measure of training for the qualified candidate).
- Firm understanding of plan and section views.
- Firm understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- General understanding of Microsoft Access database programs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan.
- Must be able to interpret and/or prepare field sketches and photographs.
- Must have excellent command of the use of reference files and raster images within CAD software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to manage workload for multiple concurrent projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical piping experience including firm understanding of welded, flanged and threaded process piping assembly and installation.
- Firm understanding of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Complete understanding of isometric and schematic drawings.
- Must have a basic understanding of electrical power and control wiring.
- Contract length, expected to be 24 Months+.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81613