Detroit, Michigan - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Designer to provide project management & guidance for assigned mechanical as-built projects, including detailed project oversight (estimating, scheduling, prioritizing, budgeting, tracking, reporting and QA/QC functions). Utilize Bentley Microstation V8i Select Series 3, as primary CAD software, along with Bentley Descartes software for raster editing.
- Work with customer engineering team to develop overall “legacy as-built” project scope.
- Provide detailed project background research, as needed.
- Develop detailed scope of work for field & drafting work, for each drawing series assigned.
- Develop drafting labor estimates for self & assign drafting staff.
- Develop workload priorities, project schedule, metrics and reporting method.
- Provide on-site direction, investigation & field measurements, as necessary.
- Interface with other internal stakeholder groups, as necessary.
- Provide quality checks of all work performed for completeness & accuracy, along with adherence to current CAD standards.
- Review completed assignments with Transmission Drafting group, and handoff for final records management.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 8 years CAD experience (Microstation V8i / DesCartes preferred, AutoCAD background will be considered) along with industrial plant - mechanical design and construction proficiency.
- Advanced understanding of Michigan Gas Safety Standards.
- Advanced understanding of plan and section views.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- General understanding of Microsoft Access database program.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan.
- Must be able to interpret and/or prepare field sketches and photographs
- Must have excellent command of the use of reference files, raster images and cell libraries within CAD software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 8 years of mechanical piping experience including firm understanding of welded, flanged and threaded process piping assembly and installation.
- Must have general knowledge of corrosion and communication/control requirements.
- Complete understanding of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Complete understanding of isometric and schematic drawings.
- Ability to provide detailed design layout for fabrication details.
- Must have a general understanding of electrical power and control wiring.