Zephyr Cove, Nevada - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our customer is seeking a process engineer that understands all the process of III-V VCSEL fab and can help us plow through the rest of this development including hands on working the process/fab of the VCSELs. An experienced and hands on and ready to work III-V wafer fab/process person for about 3 to 6 months.
The Process Engineer will focus on the product specific process development, metrology, and process/quality monitoring for VCSEL, photodetector, and other optoelectronic device development and manufacturing. This position will also include fabrication of wafers for development, qualification, and early production, as well as transferring processes to production.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team developing high?speed VCSELs and photodetectors.
- Determine process development plans for improving process yields, reliability, and device performance, including operating equipment to run processes, document results and present results to cross-discipline teams.
- Support manufacturing floor operations, including creation and maintenance of process documentation and work instructions, determining root cause of production issues, and providing training to production personnel.
- Hands-on process development and wafer fabrication to support component development, yield improvement, qualification, and low volume production
- Use SPC to track manufacturing yields and process controls.
- Coordinate with Device Engineering to develop functional specs and participate in the entire product life cycle, including developing and implementing process improvements, and creating documentation to meet customer requirements
- Provide support and training for manufacturing fab technicians for process. development activities, process work instructions and equipment SOPs.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Collating and analysing performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor/manager.
Experience and Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with a wide range of cleanroom fabrication processes including contact lithography, e-beam and thermal deposition, PECVD, RIE/ICP, wet etching, oxidation, SEM, and other metrology.
- Experience with hands-on wafer fabrication, preferably with GaAs and/or InP.
- Experience transitioning products to production is desirable.
- Experience in an ISO9001/AS9100 environment is an advantage.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related field.
- Director of Process Engineering.