Purchasing & Contracts Professional
Foothill Ranch, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Procurement and Contracts Manager, engineering, science, and construction teams to identify procurement and contracting needs.
- Perform various duties in contracts as detailed below.
- Participate/lead bidder pre-qualification; search/develop new supply or contracting sources as needed.
- Prepare, maintain and monitor project bidders lists, ensuring input is received from all procurement and contracts functions, engineering, science and other operational groups.
- Prepare bid packages including terms and conditions.
- Solicit bids for the purchase and contract of materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Complete bid evaluations with input from engineering, science and construction team.
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price, schedule and service guarantee and issue awards.
- Expedite goods and services.
- Assist with Traffic and Logistics, as required.
- Establish accounts/credit and terms.
- Work closely with Receiving to ensure proper delivery.
- Assist in updating Vendor /Supply Chain database.
- Assist with updating purchasing /contracting policies & procedures and ensure compliance with same.
- Administers purchase orders and contracts.
- Communicates with suppliers to achieve required service and meet project needs.
- Prepares & organizes assigned Procurement/Contracts sponsored meetings.
- Accumulates and maintains data for reporting of group metrics.
- Prepares necessary purchasing and contracting reports.
- Follow environmental and safety regulations.
- Comply with safety.
- Comply with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed.
- Some local and other domestic travel may be required periodically.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related area or engineering or equivalent career experience in contracts.
- At least 10-15 years prior experience in Contracts in a high tech, engineering, construction or research & development environment.
- Experience in the pre-qualification of Contractors and Supply Chain Management
- Experience in the bid, evaluation, negotiation, award and closeout of all types of Contracts.
- Experience in formation of Contracts and Change Orders.
- Experience in working with complex contract types, fee arrangements, terms and conditions.
- Experience in working with Contractors and Administration of Contracts.
- Proficiency in all phases of contracts including knowledge of and skill in communicating effectively with suppliers and contractors, bidder pre-qualification, preparation of bidders lists, compilation of bid requests, negotiation of contracted terms and conditions, and award of commitments.
- Proficiency in the formation of Contracts and Contract Change Orders including updates to Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Proficiency in the administration of commitments, monitoring supplier performance, and the resolution of claims and disputes and closeout of Contracts.
- Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management, IT and other services.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with vendors, contractors and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Adheres to the highest level of honesty, integrity and maturity.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Available to work flexible and extended hours as needed.
Software Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience with Procurement and\or Contracts Systems.
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred.