Glendale, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Senior level management position responsible for providing complex planning and scheduling support in a lead capacity to the Co. project team on large multi-disciplined project/s throughout the project life cycle (inception through opening) consistent with project needs and appropriate policies and procedures.
Core Function and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain project life cycle and project master schedules using Primavera (P6).
- Prepare project plans and work with scoping/strategy documents to develop integrated project master schedules.
- Prepare project life cycle and project master schedules.
- Develop comprehensive plans and schedules from multiple discipline drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate with project estimating and finance to develop appropriate level of detail scope definition and durations for schedule activities definition to support project monitoring and reporting needs.
- Coordinate with contractors, responsible project team members, Co. performing work groups and Co. systems planners to develop and integrate activity durations and logic sequences required to perform project work.
- Coordinate and integrate project schedule input from all internal and external project organizations.
- Conduct planning and coordination meetings as required to support planning and monitoring functions.
- Ensure effective application of appropriate policies and procedures, including project planning/scheduling procedures and reporting requirements.
- Collect/report progress, evaluate variances, develop work-around plans, and coordinate resolution of variances.
- Conduct manpower loading/resource analysis, and develop and status earned man-hour progress curves as required.
- Produce reports as required to support project needs and management reporting.
- Prepare schedule specification for the bid package and determine contract schedule milestones.
- Scope of responsibility covers show/ride concept development, show, ride, facility and area development design, show ride production and installation, show, ride test and adjust, show programming and building construction disciplines.
- Adherence to all personnel policies and company handbooks.
Technical Skills and Requirements:
- Prior experience as Lead Project Planner/Scheduler.
- 9-12 years engineering/construction planning and scheduling and/or entertainment planning/coordination experience.
- At least five years of computer Critical Path Method scheduling experience.
- At least two years hands on Primavera experience required.
- At least three years hands on construction experience.
- Working knowledge of Company planning and scheduling procedures, planning techniques, all architectural/engineering and show ride disciplines and cost control systems.
- Must be a well-organized self-starter with strong communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of practical project controls applications and earned value measurement.
- Possess strong understanding of design and construction progress measurement.
- Possess strong relationship skills and the ability to work successfully with all member of the project team.
Specific Job Scope:
- Project(s): Generally responsible for one or two complex projects.
- Budgetary Amount: Project size - $30 Million to $130 Million.
- Primary - Overall project direction from Project Manager/Director.
- Functional - Principal or Director, Planning and Scheduling.
- Primary Relationships – Project Team and Principal Planner.
Ability to successfully influence and lead a team.
Ability to successfully negotiate schedule changes with vendors and contractors.