Cape Canaveral, Florida - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
This position will require the candidate to work on a docked recovery ship, performing modifications to add capabilities for future missions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support launch pad operations.
- Use precision calibrated tools including torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- Hands-on operations with small and large fragile assemblies.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions.
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction.
- Collaborate with launch engineers to develop and document activities.
- Ensure launch services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment, while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Over-head crane, forklift, and man-lift proficient.
- Experience modifying shipboard systems and hull-mounted modifications.
- Added skills may include pneumatic/hydraulic system fabrication, orbital welding, structural welding, machinist skills, familiarity with calibrated measuring instruments, steel fabrication skills, layout work, heavy equipment operation, all types of construction experience, CDL license.
- Windows 2000/XP, Intermediate.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Intermediate.
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas.
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (30 lbs).
- Ability to work at elevated heights.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions.
- Ability to gather, verify and arranges data from multiple sources.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined and proficient with all types of hand tools.
- Ability to work with a team or independently.
- Willing to work long hours, off-shifts, and weekends.
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain.
- Must be able to travel.
- Position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check.
- Must be able to obtain a TSA TWIC badge.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with our client is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.