Corona, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Plumbing Designer position provides layouts, designs, and documents based on company standards and guidelines. You will be tasked with coordinating within your department and the field operations team to ensure a smooth rollout of each job. This position will need to communicate effectively with the field operations team regarding any problems or design issues that may arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create system layouts with appropriate sizing for jobs.
- Able to identify unique or unusual characteristics of the job and notify team.
- Visit jobsites to note differences of the job and ensure quality.
- Create plan take-offs and any needed documents.
- Compare previous jobs with current jobs to draw comparisons.
- Attend job-specific meetings with other departments.
- Prepare hard cards for purchasing.
- Ensure plans are compliant to building codes.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in plumbing (new residential is a must; some light commercial is okay as well).
- 5+ years of experience in design (plan reading).
- 5+ years of experience in AutoCAD (Trimble PD3D a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in MS Office.
- Familiar with Plumbing and Mechanical code.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.