San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Sr. Systems Engineer is an integral part of the Development Operations team, managing and maintaining the server and network infrastructure across our Corporate, Development, UAT and Production hosted application environments. The candidate will assist in maintaining stability and planning future advancement of our information systems. These include technical design, planning, implementation, and performance tuning of mission critical enterprise systems, software and infrastructure.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and support network systems and technologies, including LANs, WANs, directory services, DHCP, DNS, NTP, and Internet systems. Manage, administer, patch/update, monitor, and support Windows and Linux servers.
- Make recommendations for future system upgrades and develop a hardware upgrade protocol. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Maintain network and system security, analyze and correct system issues and error logs.
- Collaborate with product managers, business owners, data architects, database administrators, security operations, and developers to understand, interpret, implement, and support complex network, server, security, and data integration requirements.
- Develop procedures, programs, and documentation for the management and administration of networks, systems, resources, applications, and technologies, including backup and recovery of operating systems and host-based applications.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Troubleshoot problems reported by users. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies at all levels of the organization, including Executive Leadership.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Make recommendations for future system and application upgrades. Drive and implement automation wherever feasible.
- Design, test, and deploy new systems, applications and networks, including installing operating systems and database and productivity applications.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 7 years of Network and Systems administration including development, administration and maintenance.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking including network services, routing, and switching.
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.) management experience
- Must have SAN and storage subsystem technologies (RAID) experience
- Experience with automating and scripting infrastructure processes.
- Must have proven work experience designing, implementing and maintaining Linux as well as Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems.
- Ability to establish metrics/scorecards to demonstrate value-added
- Exhibit strong planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Capacity to take initiative when necessary and provide a proactive approach to the work that must be done.
- Ability to work under pressure of projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining documentation.
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Motivated team player with an ability to learn quickly.
- Positive attitude, friendly personality, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when necessary and provide a proactive approach to the work that must be done.
- Previous leadership experience preferred
Minimum BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required.
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: systems administration: 7 years
Required language: English