Director of Monetization
Carlsbad, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Looking for a Director of Monetization who is a highly motivated, creative problem solver with expert knowledge of what works - and what does not work - in the digital advertising space. The Director of Monetization will help to define and drive digital monetization strategy, working with external advertising, technology, and agency partners together with in house teams to orchestrate changes necessary to convert our growing search user traffic into revenue.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to) :
- Analyze current search monetization results, compare them with industry benchmarks, and define a cohesive strategy for monetizing the growth in users and search query volumes that we have on the way.
- Leverage candidate’s past experience and relationships to identify new advertising, data, and technology partners and work to establish strong partner relationships to help fuel our success.
- Identify, design, and execute A/B tests to identify ways to improve click through and cost per click rates via changes to ad providers, changes to the user interface, etc.
- Work with the rest of the Product Management team to identify new product features that improve the product user experience while providing other monetization opportunities and drive these from ideas to execution.
- Partner with the Business Development team to build relationships to sell ad inventory directly through major ad agencies and local agencies in markets we serve.
- Work with the Account Development and Ad Operations teams to empower wireless carrier customers to sell ads in their local markets, leveraging their local relationships and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 10+ years of product management, ad operations, digital advertising, revenue operations, and/or business development experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Action oriented, organized and analytical.
- Experience influencing and leading cross-functional teams and managing complex projects.
- Ability to establish effective industry and/or technology partner relationships.
- Hands-on experience optimizing ad inventory across multiple sources based on data.
- Strong understanding of the mobile ad tech ecosystem, preferably with sell side experience with a major media company or agency.
- Experience with mobile ad networks, different ad formats (search, display, video, mobile), affiliate programs, and data monetization would be especially valuable.
- Master’s degree / MBA in relevant field.