St. Louis, Missouri - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Your first duties will be to oversee construction at a local utility facility, overseeing the installation of silos and piping. Experience with Construction Management is required.
Previous experience in heavy industrial engineering projects is preferred, preferably in the steel, petrochemical, chemical, mining and power generation industries.The position requires the Structural/Mechanical Engineer to perform in varying roles related to detailed engineering design, project execution, technical support, and customer relationship development. Field measurements or project management may be required.
- Field engineering and structural inspections as they relate to work scope.
- Assist with engineering studies, calculations, detailed design documents and specifications, project cost estimates, and providing installation support services.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade technical standards/specifications to be used on specific projects, as well as centralized design basis and historical references.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with design and project execution procedures and guidelines as set forth in corporate Quality Management System.
- Provide technical support for customers and support regional business development initiatives as a technical recourse under direction of a supervising engineer.
- Review calculations, drawings, and reports produced by other structural engineers in the office.
- Manage project progress relative to project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Performs analytical modeling of structures and components of structures utilizing STAAD, Revit, and Mathcad software.
- Perform finite element analysis for complex, high-temperature gas ducts and stacks.
- Contribute to company improvements in work flow, methods of work execution, and continued standards improvements.
- Minimum of five years of experience is required, with individuals exposed to the heavy industrial environments and marketplaces given preference.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are important.
- Candidates should have a thorough understanding and aptitude in the use of current computer software including general office products, design and business enterprise software.
- This position will include some field engineering work and short duration travel will be expected from time to time.
Education and Credentials:
- BS Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering, MS Civil/Structural/Mechanical is preferred.
- Candidates with Professional Engineer (PE) certification will be given priority.