Technical Project Manager #6985479
San Mateo, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Job Title: SAP Roles and Authorizations Lead
Reporting to the Program Management Lead the SAP Roles and Authorizations lead is responsible for developing and delivering the SAP Business Roles strategy and plan for the SAP S4 HANA Implementation in the Americas. The Roles and Authorizations lead will work extensively with the business delivery and IT work streams to understand the to-be business processes and end to end SAP solution for S4 HANA implementation, enabling appropriate business roles to be designed, built, tested and delivered. The Roles and Authorizations lead is responsible for ensuring the SAP S4 HANA Business Roles are Audit and Sox compliant and meet the segregation of duties requirements of the SIE Organization in the Americ
Working with the business delivery, IT, Business Readiness, Training, and Communications work streams the Roles and Authorizations Lead will ensure that all plan dependencies are understood and managed.
Play a key role in setting up the ongoing RBA support function for S4 HANA Implementation for the America’s region.
Develop and manage the Roles and Authorizations approach, strategy and delivery plan across Finance, Sales, Operations, Logistics and Procurement
Provide ongoing support and maintenance of the roles and authorizations plan, providing status reports, problem resolution, root cause analysis and regular progress reports to the OCM Lead.
Work closely with the Business Delivery and IT Work streams to understand the “to-be” business processes and end-to-end SAP S4 HANA solution.
Develop the SAP S4 HANA Business Roles design across FICO, SD & MM environments and map them to the business users
Support the business through critical delivery stages of the implementation mainly UAT to make sure the correct RBA profiles are set up.
Be the main point of contact for defect resolution/profile changes throughout the delivery stage of the program.
Work closely with the IT technical lead to make sure the profiles are correctly reflected in the system, and ensure the Business roles are audit and Sox compliant.
Co-ordinate Testing & Monitoring of Testing with RCD/PwC
Facilitate Development incl. Identifying Weaknesses & Improvement Areas (E.g. Risk Analysis in SAP re SOD)
Support refinement of RBA i.e. updates of RBA and liaison with Business / Process Owners and IT to ensure alignment of the overall SAP S4 HANA testing strategy and approach
Ensure the SAP Business roles are tested and validated using the appropriate compliance tools and approach.
- Bachelor’s (4 year) degree in a relevant area such as Finance, IS, marketing, business administration, or engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in an SAP environment working with SAP roles and authorisations in a functional and technical capacity
- SAP S4 HANA knowledge/experience, Business Role design & security administration
- Global SAP Project Experience with multiple SAP Full Lifecycle Experiences ECC, HANA, S4 HANA
- Experience managing the complexities that are inherent in a high impact international SAP change programme.
- Strong understanding of organizational role design in a complex SAP solution.
- Previous consulting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In depth knowledge of audit, SOx, compliance and segregation of duties requirements inherent in
- SAP S4 HANA knowledge/experience & Business Role design
- Ability to deliver to tight timescales
- Capacity for handling complexity and detail while at the same time keeping focused on the overall goal.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and conflicts without the need for escalation.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder manager used to working with and reporting to senior leaders
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Excellent communication skills, with executive credibility in front of senior management
- English language ability – written and spoken