Architectural Product Engineer
Los Angeles, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
We are looking for a Los Angeles-based architect or engineer with experience in architectural or product design utilizing parametric tools as a platform. This is a hands-on position which will involve a range of activities from solution development and prototyping to project engineering and tool deployment. Candidate must be a self-starter who is persistent and intellectually curious. They should demonstrate flexibility and creativity within a dynamic environment and able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
Primary Job Goals will include:
- Assess the needs of engineering and help to deploy existing tools within the department.
- Help to innovate software based solutions for new design challenges.
- Apply existing tools to complex manufacturing issues.
- Create project documents and digital files to drive manufacturing processes.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and manufacturing to develop prototype solutions for new challenges.
- 3+ years of experience with digital modeling for architecture or manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience with design based on parametric approaches, preferably utilizing a Rhino 3D / Grasshopper workflow.
- Understanding of the manufacturing process and the implications of design for manufacturing.
- Knowledge of various digital modeling platforms which may include Rhino 3D, AutoCAD, Inventor, Solid Works, Revit.
- Must be creative, collaborative, and self-motivated to achieve results.
- Should have strong general computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- BS in Architecture, Product Design, or Engineering required.
- Masters preferred.
- 1+ years of industry experience or 3+ years of academic experience.
- A combination of both will be considered.