Field Service Engineers - Automotive Test Equipment
Belvidere, Illinois - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our customer is seeking 2 Field Service Engineers.The work is to maintain hardware used in on-line electrical test zones and equipment, (Work cell Controller, AM antenna systems, charging cabinets for electrical testers, PCM flash stations, flash servers, TPM) at FCA vehicle manufacturing plants. The work will be performed on-site at the client facilities in Belvidere, IL.
First point of contact for hardware and software issues observed with on-line electrical test zones and equipment, (Work cell Controller, AM antenna systems, charging cabinets for electrical testers, PCM flash stations, flash servers, TPM) and other test systems as assigned by plant management.
- Assuring above mentioned systems are functioning properly.
- Coordinating equipment maintenance and repair activities for end of line test equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to test equipment operators relative to test sequencing and processes.
- Identify the root cause and assists with resolution of test failures and repetitive vehicle defects.
- Fulfills the role of a technical lead providing the client with expertise to help resolve product, and production issues during all phases of pilot build, product launch and production.
- Provides input to client regarding training requirements for a particular vehicle, system or launch.
- Works frequently as part of a cross functional team.
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts.
- The ideal candidate will have a 2-5 year background in automated and operator based vehicle electrical test and certification equipment, as well as automotive vehicle electrical system configuration, operation, testing and diagnostics in an assembly plant setting.
- Electrical testing equipment interaction is a primary function of this position.
The candidate would be familiar with the following areas of the automotive assembly plant manufacturing engineering assembly and testing processes:
- Engine/Chassis/Body Wiring.
- Electronic Module/Device.
- Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) or Roll Test.
- Vehicle and Engine Emissions Systems.
- Electrical System Configuration and End of Line (EOL) Integrity Test.
- Supplemental Restraints Assembly Manufacturing.
- Process Sheets (AMPS) design for the aforementioned areas.
- Vehicle electrical configuration and integrity testing process design and verification.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Associates degree in electronics preferred.
Additional Job Specifics:
- Duration of Assignment - 12 months.
- No Travel is Required.
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/81662