Santa Fe Springs, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares technical design packages to include: design layouts, analysis (stress (hand and FEA calculations), deflection and dynamic calculations), assembly and detailed drawings, requisitions for ‘long-lead’ components, and initial drafts of maintenance and service manuals.
- Checks contents of technical design packages for compliance with requirements, fit, form, function, and material selection.
- Coordinates with Sales, Project Management, and Production during the product design cycle with verbal and written communication of project issues.
- Prepares test procedures, supervise the testing and prepare test reports for submittal.
- Support design reviews by documenting compliance with design requirements, answering customer questions and/or assigned actions, and ensuring all outstanding issues are closed.
- Respond to customer service requests by providing answers to questions, issuing CSA forms and correcting drawings as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Industrial) preferred.
- Proficiency in mechanical drafting with understanding of geometric tolerances and drawing symbols (welding, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
- Familiarity with metal (steel and aluminum) fabrication (processes and material selections).
- Strong engineering analytical skills (stress analysis, deflection analysis, dynamics/kinematics).
- Proficiency in one or more CAD programs (AutoCAD, Inventor, Mech. Desktop, Unigraphics).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.