Sr. Electrical Engineer
Richmond, Kentucky - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying electrical engineering techniques and analyses within this discipline.
- The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices.
- Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications.
- Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
- Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Knowledge of advanced 3D Computer-aided technical illustrations with AUTOCAD, Microstation SE,V8 (2d&3d), PDS, Excel, Word, Etap
- Field support to construction including interfacing with craft to determine corrective actions to field constructability issues is expected.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering and 8-10 years of related work experience.
- KY Professional Engineer registration or ability to obtain Kentucky Professional Engineer registration is required.
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
- Project software: Microsoft Office suite, ETAP, Microstation, PDS Equipment modeling, EERaceway, AGI32 lighting, and AutoEDMS 6.5.
- Knowledge of Bechtel SETROUTE software a plus.
Special Job Requirements:
- Subject to the Army Regulations (AR 50-6 Chemical Surety and AR 190-59 Chemical Agent Security Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP).
- Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements may be mandated.
- Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship.
- Work Schedule: 24/7 schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule may be required.
- ETAP knowledge is a plus.
- Drug Free Workplace. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment.
- This position may also require use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and personnel must pass a respirator fit test and pulmonary function test.