Senior Software Engineer
Lehi, Utah - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Primary responsibilities include development of Linux application code for embedded systems.
- Develops software requirements and software project plans, including schedule dependencies, deliverables and target dates.
- Responsible for software architecture, design and implementation, covering complete software development life-cycle from requirements analysis to production and commercial deployment of embedded devices and systems products.
- Responsible for integration and validation of new product designs with other project team members.
- Supports verification and validation test methodologies for product release, and design for test in a factory production setting.
- Works closely with engineering managers, software quality assurance, software, electrical and mechanical engineers to design, debug and release.
- Provides post-production support of released products.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BSEE or BSCS with 5-7 years of experience.
- Must be proficient with C on embedded targets with preemptive, multitasking RTOS; solid understanding and maturity in system design.
- Must be proficient with C++. A minimum of 2 years C++ coding experience is required.
- Must have experience bringing a product to market (commercialization).
- Must be experienced in the hands-on development and debug on embedded targets using GDB or similar debugging platforms and in-circuit debuggers and electronic test equipment (scopes, meters).
- Knowledge of serial packet protocols in networking and communication systems that vary from simple (UART, RS-232) to complex wireless protocols (CDMA, GSM/GPRS, custom 345 MHz and frequency-hopping 900MHz protocols).
- Must be experienced in hands-on development and debug on embedded targets using in-circuit debuggers and electronic test equipment (scopes, meters).
- Must be experienced in modern software development processes including software configuration management tools and defect tracking tools and peer review.
- Commitment to being a team member and developing habits that foster a healthy and productive team.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Embedded Linux HLOS and C++.
- Fire, burglary or security system products.
- Working experience with Z-Wave and/or ZigBee protocols.
- ARM, PIC architectures.
- Mobile broadband integration.
- Working experience with TCP and UDP.
- Embedded Linux HLOS.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python/Perl).
- Bachelors Degree.
- 2 years of C++ experience.