Madison, Wisconsin - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Senior Software Engineer needed for software development of a complex radiation therapy medical device to improve the lives of cancer patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of thick client application software, interfacing SQLServer API and embedded control software.
- Contribute to the development,look,feel, and architecture of the control software.
- Work closely with other team members to implement quality applications that meet or exceed our rigorous tests.
- Participate in decisions affecting high performance computing hardware,operating systems,languages,and libraries.
- Collaborate with the research organization on complex algorithms such as Image Reconstruction and 4D Image Registration.
- Collaborate with the Treatment Planning, Database,Embedded Software,and Hardware engineering teams on application interfaces.
- Present concise designs through written and oral reviews.
- BS Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years of expert experience with C++ Windows applications and Qt.
- Experience with multi-threading (threads, critical sections, asynchronous processing) required.
- Experience with automated unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with Medical Device or Regulated environment preferred.
- Must have a mastery of object-oriented analysis and design, and proper use of design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Experience with XML and client/server architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong mathematics and/or physics background is a plus.
- Must be able to work in an agile team environment.