Responsible for investment oversight of assigned sub-advisers and investment strategies
Develop investment guidelines and monitor strategies of assigned sub-advisers
Serve as key liaison between portfolio management and sales and marketing teams to help position and market product line
Participate in Investment Oversight Committee with key business heads of partner investment firms and present at board meetings as necessary
Serve as portfolio expert on calls and meetings with advisors, clients and wire house research teams
Provide strategic and tactical leadership regarding all aspects of product positioning, including competitive analytics
- Assist in asset retention and new business in assigned investment strategies across distribution channels
- Develop product sales ideas for use by sales teams, including communication of current market conditions that may have a positive/negative impact on specific investment strategies
- Proactively identify at-risk assets and develop communications to support asset retention
Ensure consistent messaging for all assigned strategies.
Provide daily leadership in the professional development and growth of product managers
Assist in the development and launch of new products
Provide product training to the sales force
Review quarterly updates on marketing pieces relevant to assigned strategies
Senior Product Manager - Hartford, CT.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the oversight, management, development, and positioning of assigned investment strategies across distribution channels to ensure quality, marketability, and profitability.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses and skills required)
- Minimum 15 years of related product management experience in the asset management industry or related financial services
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field; MBA is preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- NASD Series 7
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, and economics
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively on investment issues with portfolio managers and sales teams
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient understanding of a variety of database technologies including, but not limited to, Morningstar Direct, FactSet, Simfund, and Zephyr Style ADVISOR
- Self-directed and motivated, with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments at all levels of the organization
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Willingness to travel (20-25%)