Construction Project Manager
Orlando, Florida - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and establish effective project management.
- Coordinate and manage creative design decisions and construction document production; avoid contract claims and disputes.
- Minimize change orders during construction phases.
- Effectively manage changes in the project; eliminate interface disruptions between project participants; maintain, and where possible improve the project schedule and budget.
- Insure quality design and construction work.
- Emphasize “hands-on” management of field operations; maintain operational use of completed facilities during continuation of construction.
- Establish and maintain a competent and experienced staff; implement efficient and timely document control.
- Preparation of construction documents. (These documents include but are not limited to drawings, construction specifications, scopes of work and general conditions.)
- Oversee and coordinate creative and technical design development process.
- Ensure that creative goals for the project and the technical approach to the project match with the budget and schedule.
- Completes bidding & awarding the construction documents.
- This includes but is not limited to developing a bidders list and preparing an RFP.
- The RFP includes instructions for the bid, bid response forms, construction agreement, general conditions, scope of work, drawings, wage and equipment rates, schedule of unit prices, payment and performance bonds, general requirements, safety and health requirements, specifications, question & answers and addendums.
- Perform oversight of vendor contracts.
- This includes but is not limited to evaluation of technical performance and adherence to the contract requirements, which includes all aspects of the project.
- It also includes management of the submittal, request of information, modification documents, and directive process.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Business Management required.
- 7-10 Years of experience working in a design/engineering firm dealing both with entertainment design and construction management.
- Experience dealing with large scale construction projects along or with experience in working in various positions with a general contractor dealing with estimating, budgeting, bidding, field experience dealing with all aspects of projects required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.