Interior Design Assistant Manager
Orlando, Florida - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and manage interior design for new or renovated projects, as assigned, with clients international projects.
- Assist with developing budget and implementation plan for design, construction and procurement.
- Coordinate and help manage, and monitor vendor and consultant progress throughout design and construction process.
- Acts as the client's representative and guardian of assigned elements of the preliminary and concept during the design process.
- Assists Manager to assure design integrity and keeps the process on course, by reviewing the consultants and vendors drawings, reviewing specifications for materials and furnishings to make sure product meets the high standards of client and the participating Joint Venture Partners.
- Coordinate and assist with the approvals of finished selections, materials, and plans/drawings from consultants and vendors.
- Reviews every item included in the FF&E budget for quality assurance by referencing and comparing to the PO, then cross-referenced to the budget estimate to make sure it is in budget.
- Serves as central contact person regarding the interior design on specific project assignments.
- Assists Manager to answer questions from consultants, contractors, and vendors regarding what they are designing, building, and the progress or resolution of specific issues.
- Associates Degree related to Art, Interior Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, or other related field required.
- Interior Professional License to practice interior design in Florida preferred.
- 2-4 years’ project and/or management experience required.
- 4-6 years’ resort, hospitality, and theme park experience is required.
- 5-7 years’ experience within commercial interior design field required.
- CADD, 3D Modeling, and Microsoft Office.