Project Cost Controls Analyst
Emeryville, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Must have 2 plus years experience as a Project Controls Analyst or relevant cost accounting experience.
- Must have earned value, program analysis, cost and schedule performance indexes knowledge.
- Mid-level Cost Analyst position to work / provide project analytical support.
- Will have and utilize excellent computer skills and knowledge of the various tools and software of Project Services.
- Data savvy and knows SAP--any P6 or GIS a plus.
- Experience with appropriate software tools, currently SAP Work Management, Controlling Orders, and Planning Orders.
- Project Controls associated with construction operations experience.
- Accounting/budgeting knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Cost Plan Development and Analysis
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable.
- Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets.
- Forecast costs to complete on projects and maintain reports with accuracy.
- Assess and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Ensure that responses to project budget reflect accurate and current project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Communicate project risks related to costs to key stakeholders..
- Assist Project Managers in preparing funding requests to gain project authorization.
- Assist Project Managers in gaining funding changes to projects through the Unifier change control system.
- Input data into various programs and prepare various cost and forecasting reports.
- Analyze and trend cost variances by comparing the current cost plan against the actual cost to date.
- Analyze and validate unauthorized costs to projects and report to Project Managers and Supervision.
Project Documentation & Reporting:
- Verify that project cost and schedule milestones were/were not attained and provide input to identify future process or business improvements and work with responsible parties to implement.
- Manage project funding orders and ensure all required documentation is entered and/or correct in tracking documentation systems.
- Maintain scope change, contingency release, change order, and journal entry logs.
- Maintain written and electronic project documentation and records for required aspects of the project.
- Maintain project files in accordance with established guidelines and requirements.
- Lead in the closeout process of a project with other departments.
- Work closely with Project Management to determine required deliverables and expected dates to achieve closeout.