Highland, Illinois - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Design Electrical/Electronic products for the Power/Utility industry.
- Assist in establishing design criteria to meet customer requirements.
- Design unit per design specification, sales design data, or individual customer specification.
- Coordinate electrical design efforts with the firmware/software engineer for proper system integration.
- Evaluate design concepts through a theoretical study, a breadboard, and a prototype, with design reviews as necessary.
- Record design and test data.
- Once design has been confirmed, coordinate schematics and BOM with the Mechanical Engineering group.
- Calculate stress information on all components used in the design.
- Write Theory of Operation.
- Verify correctness of final schematics, printed circuit board, and bill of materials.
- Assist writing the instruction manual and product bulletin for products as assigned by the manager.
- Estimate material and engineering effort required on quoted jobs
- Maintain current engineering estimate sheets and work schedules.
- Generate quotations in response to sales/marketing inputs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- One to three years of design experience preferred.
- Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.
- Proficient computer skills.