Field Service Engineer - Electrical
Highland, Illinois - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Travel to various site installations for power equipment system startup, system maintenance, or to conduct a training seminar on systems and/or devices. Design, build, and evaluate equipment required for jobs and projects. This position requires minimum supervision.
- Analyze circuits used in devices and other manufacturers’ devices.
- Design circuits used in devices.
- Coordinate with all interested parties to schedule service trips.
- Write trip reports that describe the detail of the system, device failure, and actions taken.
- Review the system problem and solution with the System Design group.
- Travel to customer sites to oversee installations of equipment, perform system startup or required maintenance, provide instructions for customer maintenance, or repair equipment.
- Design, build, and test breadboard units.
- Conduct tests requiring selection and adaptation of test equipment and modification of test procedures. Release Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) and Acceptance Test Procedure Reports (ATPRs).
- Evaluate reports and recommend solutions to component and equipment failures.
- As often the sole representative of the company onsite, must be able to represent the company well.
- Assist Sales to determine cost responsibility.
- Provide technical support between assignments.
- Assist in writing and refining instruction manuals, including drawing, sketches, etc..
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive travel approximately 70% of the time.
- Travel worldwide with little advance notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Associate’s degree with electrical field experience.
- Two years of experience in design or field service engineering is desired.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.