Poway, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Develop autopilot software for unmanned air vehicles from the requirements phase through field test.
- Focus is on real-time aircraft system/flight control using the C language.
- May occasionally be required to support flight/ground testing of software at the flight test facilities.
- Analyze flight data to investigate system behavior and anomalies. Perform peer review of other developer’s code and perform testing with UAV mockup in the Systems Integration Lab.
- Programming in both Linux and Windows environments.
- "C" programming capability and verbal/written communication.
- Ability to work under general supervision and interface effectively with other engineers of various disciplines, including flight controls design engineers.
- Interpret, debug and modify complex legacy software following GA process and coding standards.
- Developing software in a CMMI or DO-178 structured environment.
- Typically requires a bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and two or more years progressive software development experience with a bachelor’s degree.
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to follow and apply the use of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to an internal audience.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Strong knowledge and background with closed loop controls and how they work.
- Good knowledge of transfer functions.
- MATLAB experience a plus.
- Very strong problem solving and attention to detail.