Regional DAS Construction Manager
Newport Beach, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
DAS Field Construction Manager will be responsible for daily on-site management of DAS construction related activities in the assigned region. Aspects of the role will include strict enforcement of company construction standards, schedule and budget timeline adherence, quality assurance compliance, vendor management, and ensuring that construction meets the highest standards for company and its clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage evaluation and vetting of DAS installation vendors, Head End construction vendors, and A&E services providers.
- Coordinate initial site walks to identify equipment space and verify constructability.
- Review Engineering design and BOMs for DAS and Head End to establish construction budget baseline.
- Conduct bid walks with DAS and Head End construction vendors to solicit proposals and select project construction vendors.
- Evaluate construction proposals from vendors to review vendor qualifications, comparison of scopes of work, completeness and accuracy of BOMs, and pricing.
- Ensure that proposals meet venue and jurisdiction requirements.
- Evaluate Lease Exhibit drawings, Construction Drawings, and other A&E services such as structural analyses for accuracy and completion.
- On-site Management of contractors and DAS Construction Managers during the construction process.
- Manage ordering and installation of site monitoring equipment, including provisioning of telco services for alarm monitoring.
- Coordinate with wireless carriers, as well as Project Manager and Engineering Manager, on BTS installation and integration into the DAS.
- Ensure that project execution is performed in accordance with specific project Service Orders.
- Maintain project QA procedures and ensure that site safety requirements are upheld.
- Coordinate punch list sites walks and manage the completion of any deficient items.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction or Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Three to Seven (3-7) years’ experience managing large-scale indoor and outdoor DAS projects.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with construction contracts and competitive bidding procedures.
- An in depth knowledge of DAS theory and products and a high level of experience with indoor and outdoor DAS installations, fiber and coax installation, splicing, connectorization, testing, etc.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret test results from sweep, PIM and OTDR test equipment/reports.
- Must have and in depth knowledge of and experience with the AT&T 5-Step Process.
- Proficiency with Commscope, Corning Mobile Access, experience with SOLiD and/or Teko is a plus.
- Must have the ability to read and understand CD’s, structural analysis and iBwave schematics.
- Experience in civil construction, zoning, permitting and other land use matters is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to prioritize and facilitate multiple projects simultaneously, balance ongoing duties with several special projects and perform accurately and professionally under pressure with very short deadlines.
- Willing/able to travel as needed.
- Must be proficient with MS Project, Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint and iBwave.