Lakehurst, New Jersey - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in developing concepts and plans for test programs.
- Create and update test procedures and assist subcontractors in design and execution of various tests on power system electronics fabricated by Company
- Translate product requirements into tests instructions / procedures.
- Lead efforts to install and set-up units and subsystems under test and accompanying test equipment at the test sites.
- Lead the set-up and operation of test instrumentation equipment ranging from Data Acquisition systems, common sensor configurations, scopes, signal generators and DVMs.
- Take a lead role when needed to execute and direct component, subsystem and system test operations.
- Provide technical direction to staff (engineers and technicians) and subcontractors as needed.
- Participate in establishing design concepts, criteria and solutions working with engineering to support test activities and in some instances lead troubleshooting of tests as needed.
- Interpret collected data to conduct preparation and creation of test reports following established procedures.
- Individual will work closely with customers and subcontractors at the test site to execute and lead the test activities
- Individual will play a key role in providing status of test progress both internally and externally.
- 25% Travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree.
- May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- An EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate is desirable.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Looking for shipyard test or Navy experience.