Development Engineer - Actuators
Moorpark, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Seeking a Development Engineer with experience leading development teams through the resolution of complex technical problems from product conception through product delivery for aerospace, and defense clients. Employee will typically work in a multidisciplinary team setting and be responsible for the complete development (design through test) of new products. Occasional travel to customer sites may be required.
The Development Engineer will generate technical solutions to resolve complex system requirements and design issues; develop execution plan inputs and detailed designs; develop risk assessments, work with a Project Manager to ensure timely completion within budget; and assist in business development activities.Candidate will have key areas of expertise including the ability to analyze user requirements, mechanical design and analysis, and fabrication and test of electro-mechanical systems.
The Development Engineer (DE) is the technical lead on internal and external projects and is responsible for all technical aspects of the project/product from concept through development, qualification and production. Primary duties include:
- Generation of Technical Proposals.
- Definition or Analysis, Review, Verification of Compliance and Acceptance to Technical Requirements and risk assessment.
- Creation of engineering schedules and budgets for Program Management for incorporate in overall program plan.
- Concept Design, Development of Supporting Analytical Models and Long Lead Parts Lists.
- Technical Interface with Customer’s Technical Representatives.
- Creation of Design Review Data Packages and Technical Support of Design Reviews.
- Development and maintenance of the technical data package including; detailed drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, tooling, test procedures and support the development of product specific manufacturing instructions.
- Working with suppliers to drive design decisions resulting in lower cost more producible products, receive quotes and select recommended vendors to procurement.
- Interfacing with Quality to define inspection and test requirements.
- Solving engineering problems, investigating failures and taking corrective actions.
- Providing sustaining engineering on production programs.
The candidate must have a BS in mechanical engineering, and a minimum of 5 years of project, design or related engineering experience with designing and analyzing multi-part mechanisms and mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies. Additionally, it is desired that the candidate have experience in the following areas:
- Design and application of electro-mechanical actuators
- Knowledge of space vehicle mechanisms and systems.
- Experience with, and understanding of, military, aerospace and industry specifications.
- CAD experience using SolidWorks including the capability of creating 3-D parts and assembly models.
- Using MathCAD, Matlab and Simulink.
- Design for Manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Candidates must meet all requirements under BATFE and ITAR.