Lead Database Developer
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Lead Database Developer requires strong Oracle database knowledge to work on a complex rule based multi-channel marketing campaign platform supporting Fortune 100 companies.
- Lead a team of developers to build/enhance features of our Oracle platform.
- Setup/configuration of the development environment.
- Analysis and design of new and enhanced features for the marketing platform as per business requirements.
- Communication with QA, product and production support teams etc, to deliver new or enhanced features and address issues/concerns.
- Lead multi-functional team for troubleshooting issues.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Define software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans.
- Identifies appropriate risk and develops mitigation plan.
- Perform definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies.
- Prepare and dispense work assignments, provide guidance, and/or review the work of other team members.
- Collaborate with UI design team to achieve functional requirements and QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Support organizational strategies, and provides organizational improvement.
- Recommend business process flow improvements and clearly communicate problem/resolution process to project management.
- Supports organization’s processes and procedures and can implement a new product or major modification/improvement independently from start to finish.
- Researches market to identify and upcoming technology to implement within the company.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years of overall IT/software development experience with at least 6 years of recent experience as an Oracle database developer required.
- Strong development experience with Oracle PL/SQL: construction of packages, triggers and PL/SQL blocks and Unix Korn shell scripting required.
- Ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Oracle-based solutions.
- Strong knowledge of database architecture and best practices for Oracle SQL and PL/SQL coding style and application tuning.
- Strong experience with ER, logical and physical modeling of OLTP databases.
- Experience with writing detailed technical specifications for developers; design, validate and execute software test plans required.
- Experience designing and developing complex enterprise applications (ERP, CRM, etc.) on large Oracle databases using SDLC methodologies (agile, waterfall).
- Ability to design and build flexible and extensible systems with focus on code reuse and generation.
- Excellent in impact-analysis and root cause analysis.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Ability to define and implement migration strategies from legacy systems to new architecture and technologies.
- Experience in performance tuning, application monitoring and support of production applications with distributed teams.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and experience in automotive marketing and/or CRM applications preferred.
- Ability to work well within a team environment that includes offshore teams.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Oracle certifications a plus.
- Experience with MS Project, TFS and Java preferred.