Simi Valley, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client is looking for a Quality Inspector. They specialize in manufacturing mechanical parts for the Aerospace/ Defense Marketplace, including high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. These products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. The global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
- Inspection of product to established requirements and determination of compliance.
- Ability to both read and interpret the requirements of drawings and plans.
- Ability to analyze drawing requirements and make sound determination(s) of the appropriate inspection method/equipment to be used for product acceptance.
- Ability to use all inspection/test equipment, to include the usage of a coordinate measurement machine (CMM) manual and or DCC, in determining product acceptance.
- Ability to construct complex inspection set-up(s) and perform required inspections (using set-up) to determine product acceptance.
- Ability to initiate and complete all quality (Inspection) related records and documents with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide guidance to Grade B and C inspectors.
- Self-starter, able to multitask with inspections in a fast pace environment.
Desirable Experience, Capabilities and Success Factors:
- Minimum of five (5) years prior experience in standard mechanical inspection.
- Basic knowledge of ASME-Y14.5 (Geometric Tolerance) and ability to apply/inspect to requirements with minimal supervision.
- Experience with measuring product of titanium materials.
- Ability to use a microscope for detecting cosmetic defects.
- Ability to facilitate communications with manufacturing and engineering in determining inspection methods that ensures part conformity.
- Ability to complete PPAP’s, facilitate PFMEA’s and Control Plans.