Export, Pennsylvania - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
As a member of the Corporation’s Research and Development staff, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design of new electronic products from prototype to full production. This includes the creation of product specifications, participating as part of a team throughout the development process, product design using software tools, developing and testing prototypes, creating documentation packages for regulatory bodies and production, and the launch of product to production. The Electrical Engineer will also be responsible for technical support of electronic products currently in production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the product development team in the design and development of embedded data acquisition and control systems.
- Participate in product specifications and requirements development.
- Systems analysis; system and hardware architecture development.
- Conduct of all phases of printed circuit assembly design using EDA software, including but not limited to: schematic capture, PCB layout, and documentation creation.
- Design, assembly, and test of physical prototypes.
- Use of test equipment to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits.
- Design and prepare documentation for the manufacture of new product.
- Ensure product designs meet the requirements of applicable regulatory and company standards.
- Sustaining engineering of released products and systems.
- Assist R&D and other personnel as required.
- Strive to reduce product cost while improving product quality.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technology from an ABET Accredited College or University.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of engineering experience or equivalent education and technical work experience is required.
- 3 + years of design and layout of mixed-signal printed circuit board assemblies using EDA software.
- New product development experience.
- Proficient in using software and embedded system development tools and electronic test equipment.
- PCB, electro-mechanical assembly, electronics assembly, and soldering skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate, able to effectively use Microsoft Windows and Office applications as well as other software tools commonly used during the design and development process.
- Able to read and comprehend technical specifications and data sheets.
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.