Business Project Engineer
Monroe, Michigan - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Our client's Gas Transmission and Storage Operations Capital Maintenance area requires a Project Manager to support approximately $5-20M/yr spend over 50 new MAW/Capital Maintenance projects in Southeast and Greater Michigan areas. Project work would entail various projects supporting the Gas Transmission space.
You will manage the development and implementation of engineering, procurement, construction or outages, testing and commissioning of multiple intermediate-to-large capital projects encompassing multiple power plants & operating units. Manage one or more projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost to deliver project outcomes in accordance with specified requirements. Provide leadership and project work direction to key project engineering, procurement, project controls, and construction or outage personnel, but does not supervise; the span of control is 0; this is an individual contributor job.
- Project Mgmt Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Primavera (P6) Proficiency preferred.
- Experience in Gas piping underground systems preferred.
- Knowledge of gas piping system configurations.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects throughout Greater Michigan.
- Manages multiple intermediate-to-large ($5-plus million) capital projects and/or multiple small projects. Ensures the constructability of the scope of work, engineering and design of the modification.
- Manages the progress of a construction project or outage, including renovation, alteration, or maintenance projects from the scoping phase through the design, construction and closeout phases.
- This is inclusive of project scope, schedule and estimate development, engineering and construction or outage, through the completion of installation, testing, and commissioning into service and project closeout; manages cost and schedule forecasting, and scope, budget, quality, and schedule change control.
- Manages project expenditures, the procurement of equipment and materials including the startup testing and acceptance of the new equipment; provides daily management of on-site construction activities, working with the general contractor or multiple contractors and building trades.
- Manages and integrates project construction with Plant and Outage.
- Management, ensuring coordination between management and the general contractor or multiple individual contractors and building trades; coordinates with Supply Chain Management in conducting bid meetings and reviews, supplier selections and evaluations; determines contracting strategy congruent with labor utilization strategies.
- Manages project scope, schedule & cost changes ensuring that all project requirements and/or objectives and the execution of changes are properly documented, justified, approved by management, and vigorously pursued via regular reporting, forecasting final targets, reviews and audits; implements approved changes in a timely manner.
- Manages communications, risk management, scope verification, and information distribution during project development & implementation; ensures compliance with safety, environmental, and other regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with the respective project stakeholders (inclusive of internal organizations, plants, OEM, general contractors, building trades labor organizations/unions) and provides contract administration services for blanket orders or other subcontractors and vendors.
- Provides administrative support to the Supervisor - Projects Management.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate degree in an engineering discipline, construction management, or a similarly relevant discipline.
- Knowledge / capabilities typically acquired through 4-plus years of job-relevant experience, inclusive of substantive project management and/or experience with building trades & labor agreements, labor & trades jurisdictional issues, contract administration, negotiation, dispute resolution, safety, and fossil power plant outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, construction management, or a similarly relevant curriculum; Project Management Institute certification as a Project Management Professional.
- Multi-tasking capabilities: prioritizes, delegates & manages time and work flow effectively.
- Analytical & decision-making abilities: makes decisions systematically; anticipates and mitigates problems, and understands decisions’ business implications.
- Adapts to change; open to new ideas and willingly takes on new responsibilities.
- Communications (written & verbal): creates reports, designs and conducts presentations at all levels of the Corporation.
- Good listening and negotiating skills.
- Influencing skills: provides feedback and coaching; works well in groups and with other departments and organizations.
- Motivates and challenges employees; develops subordinate employees’ skills.
- Knowledge of PC & computer-based scheduling and financial tools (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Primavera, MS Project, SAP & Maximo).
- Contract Position.
- Contract to last about 3 months.